Note: While the EZVideo app will play on Roku devices without affecting live or recorded picture quality, the Roku technology limits the app navigation, search, and browsing experience to be as feature-rich, quick responding, or easily navigated as other devices. DirectLink will provide technical support for members who choose Roku as their EZVideo player, however, it is not one we recommend for the best user experience.
There are several specific setup tutorial videos at support.roku.com but here we've provided a generic setup tutorial that will work with most Roku devices.
Here is the basic items that will be included with a Roku device.
- The Roku box (or stick) itself
- 2 x AA Batteries for the Remote
- User Guide
- Power Cord
Note: the Roku will not include an HDMI cord which you will need to purchase separately in order connect the box to your TV. If the device is a *stick* style, then it will connect directly to the back of your TV.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the back of your TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the back of the Roku device.
- Turn on your TV and change it to the input you connected the HDMI cable (e.g. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.)
- Connect the power cable to the Roku and to a power outlet on the wall or power strip near by.
At this point you should see the Roku logo on your TV screen.
- Insert the AA batteries into the Roku remote, position correctly.
- The Roku should have landed on the "Let's Get Started" screen.
- Select your language.
- Connect the Roku to your network. If you are using a hardwired Ethernet connection you can skip these steps.
- Select your wireless network name (SSID).
- Enter your network password.
- You will see a connection test. When all three checks are green you are successfully connected. If you have any red "X"s please double-check your wireless password and troubleshoot your wireless router.
- The Roku will check for updates.
- Select your display type and confirm your resolution.
After you have the Roku device hooked up and connected to Internet, it will ask you to link it with your Roku account. You don't have to have a Roku account before getting to these steps.
Note: your code will be different.
- You should see the activation screen with a link code.
- From your PC, phone or tablet go to: roku.com/link.
- Enter the link code display on your TV.
- Create your Roku account. If you alread have a Roku account just sign in and skip these steps.
- Enter your personal information.
- Set a PIN to prevent unwanted purchases.
- You'll need to enter a payment method to complete the account setup process, although there will be no charges without your consent.
- Select some channels you want to add to your Roku and select "Continue" to complete the activation process. On this step you can search for EZVideo to add it on the initial setup. Otherwise you can add it later after setup.
The Roku will take a few minutes to download all of your apps.
Now you're all set to install the EZVideo app (if you haven't already).
Click here for more help on installing and signing into the app.